Welcome Guest to the new home of OMMP Pay it Forward. Please reset your password reset password! if you haven't already. Make sure to check your spam/junk folder for it. x

Smile Welcome members and clients of OMMP PIF. Due to increased costs, our website has moved to this server,  Thanks go to our Friend and colleague, Wired57, for making this possible.  If you have any questions or concerns, please start a new topic in  Arrow  General, and we'll look right into it.  Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile x

Big Grin Thank you EDDIEKIRK & Cheri! for all your hard work over the years. Big Grin x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Traumatic Brain Injury?
Total sense.

I had a four-hour exam last month with a pair of neuro ophthalmologists, following six months of appointments with a polytrauma optometrist. And, I've been seeing the same, good neurologist for fifteen or so years. They've all come to the same conclusion of TBI plus seriously complicated migraine. I get Botox injections for the migraine, which helps, but isn't a cure. There isn't much they can do for the TBI. The neurologist told me last fall that we had exhausted treatment options and suggested marijuana.

Something sedating at night to help me sleep has helped more than anything. I think it's a combination of stress reduction and getting the sleep I need that raises the threshold so the attacks aren't as frequent and a little bit of the right medicine or a lot of most any medicine will get me through the attacks. Nothing has made it worse, yet, so I just keep experimenting and asking around.

Messages In This Thread
Traumatic Brain Injury? - by Caedmon Michael - 07-11-2015, 03:25 PM
Traumatic Brain Injury? - by Brother Will - 07-11-2015, 05:52 PM
Traumatic Brain Injury? - by shortglide - 07-11-2015, 08:23 PM
Traumatic Brain Injury? - by offdababa - 07-12-2015, 01:11 AM
Traumatic Brain Injury? - by Brother Will - 07-13-2015, 07:21 AM
Traumatic Brain Injury? - by Caedmon Michael - 07-13-2015, 08:56 AM
Traumatic Brain Injury? - by Brother Will - 07-13-2015, 11:06 AM
Traumatic Brain Injury? - by Caedmon Michael - 07-13-2015, 11:57 AM
Traumatic Brain Injury? - by Brother Will - 07-13-2015, 04:19 PM
Traumatic Brain Injury? - by offdababa - 07-15-2015, 12:02 AM
Traumatic Brain Injury? - by Brother Will - 07-16-2015, 06:21 AM