Welcome Guest to the new home of OMMP Pay it Forward. Please reset your password reset password! if you haven't already. Make sure to check your spam/junk folder for it. x

Smile Welcome members and clients of OMMP PIF. Due to increased costs, our website has moved to this server,  Thanks go to our Friend and colleague, Wired57, for making this possible.  If you have any questions or concerns, please start a new topic in  Arrow  General, and we'll look right into it.  Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile x

Big Grin Thank you EDDIEKIRK & Cheri! for all your hard work over the years. Big Grin x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alzheimer’s Caused By Loss of Cannabinoids,

The Sanford Study Is Really Heavy. I'm Going To Keep Coming Back Until I Connect Everything Up.

Seems Like It's The Only Part Of My Brain That Works<strong>When I Read Just About Anything Medical.</strong>

Chronic cannabidiol treatment improves social and object recognition in double transgenic APP<sub style="font-size:21px;vertical-align:baseline;">swe</sub>/PS1E9 mice

I Like This 2013 Study Too.

Abstract

Rationale

Patients suffering from Alzheimers disease (AD) exhibit a decline in cognitive abilities including an inability to recognise familiar faces. Hallmark pathological changes in AD include the aggregation of amyloid- (A), tau protein hyperphosphorylation as well as pronounced neurodegeneration, neuroinflammation, neurotoxicity and oxidative damage.

Objectives

The non-psychoactive phytocannabinoid cannabidiol (CBD) exerts neuroprotective, anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory effects and promotes neurogenesis. CBD also reverses A-induced spatial memory deficits in rodents.

Materials and methods

Thus we determined the therapeutic-like effects of chronic CBD treatment (20mg/kg, daily intraperitoneal injections for 3weeks) on the APP<sub style="font-size:12.75px;vertical-align:baseline;">swe</sub>/PS1E9 (APPxPS1) transgenic mouse model for AD in a number of cognitive tests, including the social preference test, the novel object recognition task and the fear conditioning paradigm. We also analysed the impact of CBD on anxiety behaviours in the elevated plus maze.

Results

Vehicle-treated APPxPS1 mice demonstrated impairments in social recognition and novel object recognition compared to wild type-like mice. Chronic CBD treatment reversed these cognitive deficits in APPxPS1 mice without affecting anxiety-related behaviours.

Conclusions

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-size:17px;">
This is the first study to investigate the effect of chronic CBD treatment on cognition in an AD transgenic mouse model. Our findings suggest that CBD may have therapeutic potential for specific cognitive impairments associated with AD.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote: <div class="ipsQuote_citation">
On 6/26/2014 at 3:42 PM, EDDIEKIRK said:

The team, led by Tim Karl, PhD, found that treatment with CBD led to drastic improvements in memory in mice genetically engineered to mimic Alzheimers disease.

Drastic Far-Out !

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<b style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-size:17px;">Oh Darn, I Passed Over The 'Neuron' Link And Then Went Back A Few </b><font color="#333333"><b>Minutes</b></font><b style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-size:17px;">Ago. Short But Super Interesting.</b>

<b style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-size:17px;">----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------</b>

Quote:
On 6/26/2014 at 3:42 PM, EDDIEKIRK said:

Besides the potential to combat Alzheimers symptoms, some studies suggest cannabinoids also hold promise in slowing progression of the disorder.

Even More Good News... I Wonder Where The Studies Are Now Around The World ? I Must Find A Good Day Or Three

To Search About For Up To Date Studies... Just Think With All The Access To Cannabis And The Cannabinoids Themselves Specifically...

New Research Should Really Get The Knowledge Juices Flow'in Eh ?

Thanks Very Much EK... Most Sincerely, BW

</div>

Messages In This Thread
Alzheimer’s Caused By Loss of Cannabinoids, - by Brother Will - 06-08-2018, 05:52 PM