Welcome Guest to the new home of OMMP Pay it Forward. Please reset your password reset password! if you haven't already. Make sure to check your spam/junk folder for it. x

Smile Welcome members and clients of OMMP PIF. Due to increased costs, our website has moved to this server,  Thanks go to our Friend and colleague, Wired57, for making this possible.  If you have any questions or concerns, please start a new topic in  Arrow  General, and we'll look right into it.  Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile x

Big Grin Thank you EDDIEKIRK & Cheri! for all your hard work over the years. Big Grin x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alzheimer's Disease
Alzheimers, Mom and Cannabis

Posted by Skunk Pharm Research,LLC.

[Image: pat-as-young-woman.jpg?w=225%26h=300]

It is Skunk PharmResearchs policy to let patients tell their own story, but in the case of mom, as her daughter and 24/7 caregiver, I will speak for her. She is in the late seventh and final stage of Alzheimers and would want her story told.

Mom was diagnosed as late stage six when she came to me from Seattle four years ago. She was given six more months to live. She began displaying symptoms before 1998, but she wasnt diagnosed until 2001, following her first husbands death. It took that long to resolve other health issues and get her to a neurologist.

Just the thought of Alzheimers frightened her so, that we eventually had to trick her, to get her to a doctor for testing. Once tested and diagnosed, they put her on Aricept, which brought back cognitive skills, with slow decline for the next seven years while my step brother cared for her in her own home. Along with other western meds, this was her medical course.

When Moms Alzheimers progressed to the point that she became combative and personal hygiene became an issue, my brother planned to put her in a nursing home, but I quit my job to look after her. I moved her to Portland with me and took over her care, to focus on the quality of her remaining life.

For five months prior to her arrival, I immersed myself into learning as much about Alzheimers as possible, researching and joining The Alzheimers Association, as well as the Online Alzheimers Support Group, spending as much time as possible conversing with patients and caregivers alike, to prepare myself for the task.

When Mom arrived, besides being on five over the counter drugs, she was on three inhalers and a pill for asthma, blood pressure meds, allergy meds, anti psychotics that made her angry, anti seizure meds that made her delusional, plus three others I have no idea what they were used to combat.

We got her an OMMP card immediately upon her arrival. She had smoked cannabis recreationally with me for over thirty years, but never medically until she came toOregon. Cannabis was my only means of mitigating her despicable behavior (psychotic).

Her physical health was also poor, so I changed her diet, eliminated dairy, wheat and gluten. I prepared and feed her home cooked meals, using whole organic ingredients, supplemented with quality vitamins and minerals.

Ive continued to work with her doctor to straighten out her mishmash of meds. He started with large doses of anti psychotics to combat the behavioral issues (with potential seizure/death side effect), and we systematically took her off as many of the other drugs as possible. Meanwhile, I started trying the different forms of cannabis concentrates.

The first extractions were cannabis essential oils using hot grape seed oil, but she didnt like the flavor and refused to ingest it.

Given that unused meds are 100% ineffective, I next tried honey elixir, thinking she might go for the sweetness of the honey, but no luck.

No luck with fudge either, even though she loves chocolate.

I quickly determined that the only way to get substantial doses into mom would be via concentrates, so after experimenting with bubble hash combined with coconut oil as a menstruum, I focused on hash oil in an effort to improve consistency and homogeneity for consistency in dosing.

More specifically I began to experiment on my version of the Holy Anointing Oil from Exodus, using coconut oil instead of olive oil, and brewed from essential oils, as opposed to using the biblical perfumers extraction practices.

More on that medication at: http://skunkpharmresearch.com/holy-anoin...holy-shit/

[/url]

More

[url=http://skunkpharmresearch.com/holy-anointing-oil-and-holy-shit/]

Messages In This Thread
Alzheimer's Disease - by EDDIEKIRK - 04-16-2012, 10:08 PM
Alzheimer's Disease - by EDDIEKIRK - 05-06-2012, 01:18 PM
Alzheimer's Disease - by eloquentsolution - 05-06-2012, 05:45 PM
Alzheimer's Disease - by EDDIEKIRK - 05-06-2012, 09:39 PM
Alzheimer's Disease - by Lady Strider - 05-06-2012, 10:44 PM
Alzheimer's Disease - by eloquentsolution - 05-06-2012, 10:53 PM
Alzheimer's Disease - by EDDIEKIRK - 05-14-2012, 04:28 PM
Alzheimer's Disease - by EDDIEKIRK - 05-14-2012, 10:07 PM