Welcome Guest to the new home of OMMP Pay it Forward. Please reset your password reset password! if you haven't already. Make sure to check your spam/junk folder for it. x

Smile Welcome members and clients of OMMP PIF. Due to increased costs, our website has moved to this server,  Thanks go to our Friend and colleague, Wired57, for making this possible.  If you have any questions or concerns, please start a new topic in  Arrow  General, and we'll look right into it.  Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile x

Big Grin Thank you EDDIEKIRK & Cheri! for all your hard work over the years. Big Grin x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study: Marijuana could be effective in treating PTSD
Study: Marijuana could be effective in treating PTSD Research on rats at Haifa University suggests that brain connectivity changes caused by trauma are prevented by the use of synthetic marijuana.<span>By <span>Haaretz </span> | </span> Sep. 6, 2014

Marijuana may be effective in preventing post-traumatic stress symptoms, according to new research on rats conducted at Haifa University's Department of Psychology.

The findings of our study suggest that the connectivity within the brains fear circuit changes following trauma, and the administration of cannabinoids (synthetic marijuana) prevents this change from happening," the researchers said in a press release.

The study was conducted by Nachshon Korem and Irit Akirav and published in the journal Neuropsychopharmacology.

"This study can lead to future trials in humans regarding possible ways to prevent the development of PTSD and anxiety disorders in response to a traumatic event, the researchers concluded.

Approximately nine percent of the population of Israel suffers from............

http://www.haaretz.com/life/science-medicine/1.614356

The Evidence Behind Marijuana and PTSD
Some patients find marijuana helpful for managing symptoms of PTSD. Now, researchers think cannabis might offer more ways of combating the disorder.In a recent study, researchers at the University of Haifa in Israel were able to prevent rats from developing post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) by treating them with the active compounds in marijuana, or cannabinoids.

Led by Dr. Irit Akirav from the Department of Psychology, the team used rats because of their similarity to humans in responding to trauma.

People with PTSD a severe type of anxiety disorder suffer from symptoms that can be set off by common triggers, also known as trauma reminders.

While PTSD is usually treated after symptoms appear, the team found that dosing rats with cannabinoids following a traumatic event could make them immune to future triggers. In other words, cannabis made the effects of trauma reminders disappear, explains Dr. Akirav.

The treated rats showed no symptoms of PTSD. But rats that were left untreated did, including impairments in memory extinction, changes in pain sensation and increased panic behavior.

Interestingly, the researchers found that the treatment worked by rewiring circuits of the brain involved with trauma.

The findings add to a growing body of evidence, the researchers note, suggesting marijuana can not only help manage symptoms of PTSD but also prevent symptoms from developing early on.
Positive EffectDespite the promising results, medical marijuana has never been studied in humans with PTSD. Hence, most doctors are unwilling to even consider it as a treatment option.

Still, researchers around the world have shifted their focus to cannabinoids as a future therapy for PTSD. Dr. Akiravs group believes there is now enough evidence for human trials to proceed..........

http://www.leafscience.com/2014/09/05/ev...uana-ptsd/

I skipped the whole evidence part. Mainly because i know a few people that are evidence enough to tell me that ptsd is definitely a partial treatment for panic ascosciated with trauma.
You do NOT know what you are talking about.

They are SEPARATE conditions. You should stop giving advice now.
Quote:<div>I skipped the whole evidence part. Mainly because i know a few people that are evidence enough to tell me that ptsd is definitely a partial treatment for panic ascosciated with trauma.
</div>
Wow, If i was one of those inclined to take the stupidest posts I see and put them in my signature line, this would be at the top. [img]/emoticons/default_LOL.gif[/img]
Quote:<div>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentcommentid="105776" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic" data-ipsquote-contentid="10543" data-ipsquote-username="Justis.m" data-cite="Justis.m" data-ipsquote-timestamp="1426370870"><div><div>I skipped the whole evidence part. Mainly because i know a few people that are evidence enough to tell me that ptsd is definitely a partial treatment for panic ascosciated with trauma.
</div>
Wow, If i was one of those inclined to take the stupidest posts I see and put them in my signature line, this would be at the top. [img]/emoticons/default_LOL.gif[/img]

</div></div></blockquote>

Lol no problem. I already have done my research is another reasoning behind not reading it. Plus i see the evidence taking place in my life all the time. So the evidence has been proven to me. Why read it over again? When i research the effects over and over all the time of cannabis as medicine.

I will add i just re read my post and i was rather tired at the time i made the post. It was rather jumbled up [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20">:D
Thanks for taking the time to post, re-read and repost when you dont feel like reading.

The struggle is real.
Maybe you should make a list of all the reasons not to read what you dont feel like reading [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20">
Okay seriously enough heckling to poor justis.m

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20">

Thanks for the read purplepower!
Hey man i am bi polar and go into forward modes [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20"> where it is hard to keep track because my mind is so overwhelmed sometimes in a not so good way. And the even funnier thing is that i probably did read it again and read it as fine [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20">. Jumbled up brain i guess. Back to PTSD symptom relief. It works really well with relieving panic related body stress which is a hard feeling to explain. It is just an un easy feeling in the body usually in the upper body. I have noticed this with many people including myself.
Articles from peer-reviewed scientific journals are valuable in supporting an argument on unprecedented legislation. Now is the time for this type of research. Thank you Purplepower for another good find!