Welcome Guest to the new home of OMMP Pay it Forward. Please reset your password reset password! if you haven't already. Make sure to check your spam/junk folder for it. x

Smile Welcome members and clients of OMMP PIF. Due to increased costs, our website has moved to this server,  Thanks go to our Friend and colleague, Wired57, for making this possible.  If you have any questions or concerns, please start a new topic in  Arrow  General, and we'll look right into it.  Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile x

Big Grin Thank you EDDIEKIRK & Cheri! for all your hard work over the years. Big Grin x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Low Doses Of Marijuana Compound Could Slow Or Stop Progression Of Alzheimer's
Low Doses Of Marijuana Compound Could Slow Or Stop Progression Of Alzheimer's

08/28/2014

Marijuana is touted for its medical uses, lessening pain, nausea, and other uncomfortable side effects of conditions like glaucoma, by SaveClicker">nerve pain[Image: arrow-10x10.png], and cancer. Now researchers say, a chemical found in the hotly debated drug could by SaveClicker">slow[Image: arrow-10x10.png] or altogether stop the progression of Alzheimer's disease.

Findings of a preclinical study published in the Journal of Alzheimer's Disease, suggest very small doses of THC, a chemical found in marijuana, slow down the production of thebeta-amyloid protein, which builds up to create plaques in the brain, an accumulation of which is a known hallmark of Alzheimer's disease.

"THC is known to be a potent antioxidant,................

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/28...-marijuana

Marijuana compound may offer treatment for Alzheimer's disease, study suggestsDate:
August 27, 2014
Source:
University of South Florida (USF Health)
Summary:

<div style="font-size:13px;">Extremely low levels of the compound in marijuana known as delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, may slow or halt the progression of by SaveClicker">Alzheimer's disease[Image: arrow-10x10.png], a recent study from neuroscientists suggests.

</div>
<p style="font-size:15px;">Extremely low levels of the compound in marijuana known as delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, may slow or halt the progression of Alzheimer's disease, a recent study from neuroscientists at the University of South Florida shows.

<p style="font-size:15px;">

<div></div>
Findings from the experiments, using a cellular model of Alzheimer's disease, were reported online in the Journal of Alzheimer's Disease.

Researchers from the USF Health Byrd Alzheimer's Institute by SaveClicker">showed[Image: arrow-10x10.png] that extremely low doses of THC reduce the production of amyloid beta, found in a soluble form in most aging brains, and prevent abnormal accumulation of this protein -- a process considered one of the pathological hallmarks evident early in the memory-robbing disease. These low concentrations of THC also selectively enhanced mitochondrial function, which is needed to help supply energy, transmit signals, and maintain a healthy brain.

"THC is known to be a potent antioxidant with neuroprotective properties, but this is the first report that the compound directly affects Alzheimer's pathology by decreasing amyloid beta levels,

inhibiting its aggregation, and enhancing mitochondrial function," said study lead author Chuanhai Cao, PhD and a neuroscientist at the Byrd Alzheimer's Institute and the by SaveClicker">USF College[Image: arrow-10x10.png] of Pharmacy.

"Decreased levels of amyloid beta means........................

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/201...ceDaily%29

didn't we already know that Cannabis cured Alzheimer's Disease?? like from personal experiences within the PIF Community?
but the Alzheimers association is going around telling people that it's a poor choice and might make the disease worse!
Try 120 mg gingko 3 times a day for a week, see difference lower dose to 120 mg a day....Also 1 tsp of coconut oil a day helps too. What that does is replaced the same fatty acids as in brain cells, thus the coconut oil is a great brain food, watch out for higher levels of acidic acid with this, I.e. Gout!
Thanks for the info boatlady
[Image: e7b57f2f0c61ad10e6d3f7c0bdf59c60.png]
My mom died of alzheimer's and I'm curious to know if THC could also be used as a preventative and at what dosage?
Quote:<div>My mom died of alzheimer's and I'm curious to know if THC could also be used as a preventative and at what dosage?
</div>

Our member Eloquent Solutions has an article<a data-ipb="nomediaparse" href="http://skunkpharmresearch.com/alzheimers-mom-and-cannabis/"> posted here,</a> You can also call her at 503.775.5003

Thank you. I had previously read that article but just reread it.
I know I have seen firsthand the benefits of cannabis used in the treatment of Alzheimers. Even after her death the Dr and nurses were amazed at well it did work. Though she did succumb to the disease, she had a great quality of life.If God forbid that happened to me, I buy about 10 gals of the stuff. You only need about 2-3 drops of HOA.
Quote:
On 8/30/2014 at 9:32 AM, MedibleMasterManny said:

didn't we already know that Cannabis cured Alzheimer's Disease?? like from personal experiences within the PIF Community?

Brother Manny Your Link Under 'Manny's Dream' Is Broken Kind Sir. Peace Be With You. One Love ! Sincerely, Brother Will