Welcome Guest to the new home of OMMP Pay it Forward. Please reset your password reset password! if you haven't already. Make sure to check your spam/junk folder for it. x

Smile Welcome members and clients of OMMP PIF. Due to increased costs, our website has moved to this server,  Thanks go to our Friend and colleague, Wired57, for making this possible.  If you have any questions or concerns, please start a new topic in  Arrow  General, and we'll look right into it.  Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile x

Big Grin Thank you EDDIEKIRK & Cheri! for all your hard work over the years. Big Grin x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PTSD specific strain
Hey guys I have a friend who served 20 years with boots on the ground and he has hard core ptsd and I was just wondering if any of you know of a strain that will help him cope, I'm not to sure but I think he also has night terrors from the ptsd and flash backs. He just recently lost hisrock (his girlfriend) and I'm really worried for him because he suffers from alcoholism and when he drinks the ptsd makes him verge on suicidal so any info on any kind of cana help would be great thanks

Peace Y'all Kushaholic
I treat for PTSD.

Contrary to expectations, Sativa dominant strains are what is called for. Trainwreck, C-99, Haze Varieties (Super Silver Haze, Purple Haze), Thai, Panama Red....

The more sativa dominant the better. But be warned, hard sativa can cause anxiety if you are not use to it.
ok cool thanks for the info
This is a scholarly article on PTSD and cannabis. It highlights some other research, but I got this from it:

"If an individual were to want to get the most out of using therapeutic cannabis to improve a PTSD condition they should try to use low to moderate doses with as stable a blood level as possible for general anxiety and depression symptoms. Oral cannabis produces more stable blood levels. Since peak levels will produce the most soporific effect, administration of oral cannabis right before bed should produce the most benefits for improving sleep patterns. If the goal is to use cannabis to facilitate extinction of the response to PTSD triggers than small to moderate doses of cannabis vapors should be administered shortly before planned exposure to the trigger. A series of regular extinction sessions will produce better results than a single session. If cannabis appears to make aversion, fear, or aversive memories worse then the dosage should be lowered. If feelings of fear do not improve with lower dose then discontinue use of cannabis as fear-extinction aide."

Entire article is here:

http://veteransformedicalmarijuana.org/c...d-symptoms
nice article. Does a great job of discussing the techniques and methods.

I have not found one that specifically addresses the strains of cannabis used.

The information I provided was from my own experiences and the advice of trusted caregivers.
thanks so much guys so I guess I;m going to get him to start with edables and see how he reacts to that guess im gonna have to get a bag of regs and see how it goes
Quote:<div>thanks so much guys so I guess I;m going to get him to start with edables and see how he reacts to that guess im gonna have to get a bag of regs and see how it goes
</div>

Don't forget that Skunk Pharm's Holy Anointing Oil is a kind of edible, and the easiest to control IMO, as far as dose and usage. I, personally, get the same physical response from the HAO as I do from a Kiva bar.
and of course there's always the oddball like me that actually gets better results from indicas. Although my experience with known strains is limited, I find that I like OG Kush ok, and I got excellent results with Kak's Diesel Berry.
Quote:<div>and of course there's always the oddball like me that actually gets better results from indicas. Although my experience with known strains is limited, I find that I like OG Kush ok, and I got excellent results with Kak's Diesel Berry.
</div>
I truly believe that plant selection for any ailment is mostly a personal selection. You will find a few lines in the sand to be drawn but it is really just to keep finding something more towards what they want. Id try to get a good guess going and get some input as to the results, then you'll know a lot more [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20">
<span style="color:rgb(50,133,134);">kushaholici WOULD BE CAREFUL WITH HIGH ROTATING DELTA 9'S THAT ARE VERY HIGH IN SOME SATIVA. I AM NOT HERE TO DISAGREE WITH ANY GOOD RESULTS . I JUST KNEW MANY VETS THAT MADE THEM WORSE WITH THE VERY STRONG SATIVA WE GOT BACK IN THE DAY. I KNOW I CAN'T HAVE ANY SATIVA AT ALL/DON'T GET ME WRONG WITH IT'S SOARING HIGH IT'LL TAKE YOUR MIND OFF OF MOST ANYTHING/ESPECIALLY NEGATIVE ISSUES.
</span> CHECK IN WITH BROTHER KARR /HE'S DONE MORE RESEARCH AND EXPERIMENTATION THAN I INTO PTSD & HERB.. YOUR FRIEND NEEDS SOMETHING OTHER THAN DEPRESSIVE ALCOHOL. MUCH BLESSINGS TO YOU AND YOUR SUFFERING BUDDY/CHECK BACK IN AND LET US KNOW HOW HE'S DOING. WHAT A WONDERFUL FRIEND YOU ARE... MUCH BLESSINGS AND I PRAY FOR HIS RELEASE.