Welcome Guest to the new home of OMMP Pay it Forward. Please reset your password reset password! if you haven't already. Make sure to check your spam/junk folder for it. x

Smile Welcome members and clients of OMMP PIF. Due to increased costs, our website has moved to this server,  Thanks go to our Friend and colleague, Wired57, for making this possible.  If you have any questions or concerns, please start a new topic in  Arrow  General, and we'll look right into it.  Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile x

Big Grin Thank you EDDIEKIRK & Cheri! for all your hard work over the years. Big Grin x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Help me help my mother...
I've read a ton about RSO as panacea but I've never been sick enough to use it. My mom has glaucoma and is interested in using cannabis to heal herself and I desperately want to help her with this as she has a host of other maladies that it could knock out in the process. So my mom lives in California so access isn't an issue. The only issue is she doesn't want to be fall down high for a month. Does anyone have experience with stepping up the dosage slowly over time or in some way mitigating this as much as possible?

I've been over on the skunk pharm site reading up on extraction. I'm thinking of doing a few small test runs and learn an extraction process and then offering to make medicine for my mom. Does anyone have an opinion as to whether BHO or other extraction processes make inferior/superior quality medicine compared to RSO?

My thinking is that RSO is made the way it is mostly for simplicity but my concern would be that the removal of terpenes or essential oils in a BHO extraction could remove some of the medicine as well. All thoughts are appreciated. I'm really just at the beginning of the journey.
I think you get somehting different doing the RSO method. Chlorophyll, for instance, is left behind with BHO, but is innundated in RSO. If you believe in the healing power of chlorophyll, you might be interested in keeping it in there.

Others, like the skunk pharm, are trying to get down to the pure cannabinoids, cannabidols, etc. Each method has it's own followers.

I have given RSO out for years for patients. many take the 30 days to build up to a gram a day.

on the other side, before my grandfather passed, I think we were giving him about 1.5g a day, maybe a little more... he didn't ever partake in cannabis until 89, passed just short of 92, and had a better quality of life there at the end, and occasionally an appetite, BECAUSE of the dosage he was getting of HOA, a concoction from the skunk pharm, and as many medibles as friends could bring over.

I have seen both styles of extractions, and their buildup period. Start small, she won't be falling down stoned. NO ONE wants their first experience to be painful. WIthin a week or 2 of small dosages - with my grandfather he started with suckers with 1/20th of a gram of oil in each one.... after a week, he was up to 4 suckers a day, after 3 weeks, he started the HOA with his suckers. when he would get "too floaty" he would take a nap in his chair. He was fun, and amusing, and humorous, not scared or freaked out in the slightest. It made getting him to bed easier, as he patted your back and sang songs.

Just my experience, break up the dosage in to many pieces, 6 or 8 capsules to make 1 gram of RSO, or start with just a couple drops at a time of HOA, and increase amount and frequency as the patient is comfortable.
good one sinfull! i agree. start with small doses.

When Mom passed she was happily on three grams per day. perhaps the old folks need more cannabinoids because their systems are depleted, or maybe they just like being "closer to god". LOL

i have a titration chart helping people to "bump up". It is also easier if one uses a high cbd strain which does not have the same psychoactive effects. pm me if you wish me to send it to you.

ES
Most people are saying that RSO is a stronger medicine than BHO. I take it for fibromyalgia and I only went up to about 8 grams per month and stay there. I started slow because a grain of rice size at first was even too much so I started at a half grain size then eventually about two months later I was up to a kidney bean size once per day and I have a good tolerance, I hardly feel the thc or not at all now and when I smoke it I hardly feel high but it always helps for pain relief whether or not I get high. I like that tolerance so I can vape during the day for pain and not get high. I've been using it for about 6 months and there's fibro symptoms I don't feel anymore. I'm somebody who has severe fibromyalgia so it is not perfect but it is the best thing I've ever tried and I've been through many different treatments.
I've been reading about extracting THCV using virgin coconut oil and relatively low heat. Supposedly it makes strong medicine that is not very psychoactive. Does anyone have experience making or treating with this formulation? I've heard you can even make eyedrops from it.

Thanks so much for the input from everyone. I was one of those guys who thought cannabis was good for nausea and appetite stimulation and recreation. Its sad to think of the people I've lost to cancer that might still be around if this information was readily available a few years ago.
Quote:<div>
I've been reading about extracting THCV using virgin coconut oil and relatively low heat. Supposedly it makes strong medicine that is not very psychoactive. Does anyone have experience making or treating with this formulation? I've heard you can even make eyedrops from it.

Thanks so much for the input from everyone. I was one of those guys who thought cannabis was good for nausea and appetite stimulation and recreation. Its sad to think of the people I've lost to cancer that might still be around if this information was readily available a few years ago.

</div>

To you and me both! i'm treating my mother for ALS and my Aunt died from it just a few years ago.

Anyway, I recently made an extraction of 1 oz of flower and 2 cups of coconut oil. Mom took a tablespoon the first day and noticed positive changes in her muscle control, however, she also felt a little light headed, so she went down to 1.5 tsps and was able to tolerate that. Two weeks later we started her on HSO from the skunk pharm website, and she is taking 4 drops a day and working up to 9.

The problem for some, with the coconut oil is that you have to take more of it to get the same concentration.

Oh, I do it in a crock pot, FYI
The best strain I've found for nausea so far is blue dream. Wanted to mention that in case you didn't know. Most strains only make me dizzy and sicker but not blue dream
Quote:<div>The best strain I've found for nausea so far is blue dream. Wanted to mention that in case you didn't know. Most strains only make me dizzy and sicker but not blue dream
</div>
having gerd/ibs I can agree helps with cramps in that area too.