Welcome Guest to the new home of OMMP Pay it Forward. Please reset your password reset password! if you haven't already. Make sure to check your spam/junk folder for it. x

Smile Welcome members and clients of OMMP PIF. Due to increased costs, our website has moved to this server,  Thanks go to our Friend and colleague, Wired57, for making this possible.  If you have any questions or concerns, please start a new topic in  Arrow  General, and we'll look right into it.  Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile x

Big Grin Thank you EDDIEKIRK & Cheri! for all your hard work over the years. Big Grin x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Type 2 Diabetes
This is anecdotal at best but I went several years "weed free". During that time I was diagnosed by the VA as a type 2 diabetic. I resumed my use of cannabis, but only in vaped form. I can not say for certain that it is a direct result of my cannabis use, but I can say that the VA has decided that I am no longer a diabetic and has ceased supplying me with diabetic related care (no more meters, strips, etc.).

I agree with the others here, it is an excellent post, thanks for the share tricloud.
Sounds Like A Plan DooDad !

Nice To Meet You & I Sure Hope,Wish & Pray It'll Work Excellent For You.

Sharing At It's Best... Again Tricloud, Thank You Very Much And Just Look At

What You've Started---> BRAVO !

I am been on Insulin since 2005, but diagnosed with diabetes since early 90's. I have always had trouble controlling my blood sugars. So can someone please tell me what RSO is? I found out what spikes my blood sugar is MILK. Doesn't matter if its skim, 2%, homogenized. Milk has sugar in it, stop drinking milk, my now A1C's are down to 7.2. You grow up thinking milk is good for you, read the label, SUGAR, that's why it taste so good. I was amazed how much sugar is in Milk, tons of it. I have switched to NO sugar Almond Milk, no it doesn't taste as good, you can put splenda in it to help, if you close your eyes and not look at labels, its similar to milk. I will love milk always, but just can't drink it, its harmful to diabetics.
I never could stand milk. YUK! You may as well find a cow and....lolol..anyways, yeah, milk bad.

I keep hearing of "RSO" or "Rick Simpson Oil" as an example of a type of extract that is used to treat a range of medical conditions, as well as "CBD". Personally I have issues with the side-effects of having to take statin drugs to reduce high cholesterol (Gemfibrozil, aka"Lopid"). So far, Lopid is the ONLY statin thatworks to reduce my cholesterol levels, but it has side-effects such as BAD cramping and crazy-hard stools (sorry if that is too much information, but it is the truth). I know that if I show up at a Dispensary that there will most likely be no one knowledgeable enough to discuss or recommend an appropriate cannabis-based medication. So typically I just buy flower and smoke it, and while I don't at all dislike the effects of THC, I was hoping to find more specific information on extracts/oils/salves, etc. that won'tput me in orbit around Nebulon 5. [img]/emoticons/default_smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Can/Would anyone recommend the specific type of extract/oil that I should investigate for the issues I mentioned above?

Oh and also I am borderline Type-2 diabetic and am looking for cannabis-based medication for that as well.

So if I mash up some flower in an ethyl-alcohol (ethanol, aka Everclear) bath, then strain the liquid to remove the leafy matter, then let that dry completely, will the remnants be a "good" oil to consume?

Quote:
2 hours ago, Tentoes1962 said:

So if I mash up some flower in an ethyl-alcohol (ethanol, aka Everclear) bath, then strain the liquid to remove the leafy matter, then let that dry completely, will the remnants be a "good" oil to consume?

Well, that would be called a tincture, Let me open the extract forums for you, Let us see if we can help find you the correct answer.

https://freemygreenpdx.com/forum/49-extraction-purification-olcc-extraction-procseors/

Concentrates.

Thank you Humble Servant!

Quote:
35 minutes ago, Tentoes1962 said:

Thank you Humble Servant!

If you have a question there I can ask <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/profile/63-graywolf/?do=hovercard" data-mentionid="63" href="<___base_url___>/profile/63-graywolf/">@Graywolf</a> to help us.