Welcome Guest to the new home of OMMP Pay it Forward. Please reset your password reset password! if you haven't already. Make sure to check your spam/junk folder for it. x

Smile Welcome members and clients of OMMP PIF. Due to increased costs, our website has moved to this server,  Thanks go to our Friend and colleague, Wired57, for making this possible.  If you have any questions or concerns, please start a new topic in  Arrow  General, and we'll look right into it.  Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile x

Big Grin Thank you EDDIEKIRK & Cheri! for all your hard work over the years. Big Grin x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chemicals in marijuana 'protect nervous system' against MS
from Medical News Today

Chemicals in marijuana 'protect nervous system' against MSChemical compounds found in marijuana can help treat multiple sclerosis-like diseases in mice by preventing inflammation in the brain and spinal cord, according to a study reported in the Journal of Neuroimmune Pharmacology.

"Inflammation is part of the body's natural immune response, but in cases like MS, it gets out of hand," says Dr. Ewa Kozela of Tel Aviv University, Israel.

"Our study looks at how compounds isolated from marijuana can be used to regulate inflammation to protect the nervous system and its functions."

Dr. Kozela and colleagues set out to see if the known anti-inflammatory properties of two substances found in marijuana - the cannabinoids known as tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD) - could also be applied to the treatment of inflammation associated with MS.

With either THC or CBD, the researchers treated immune cells that specifically target and harm the brain and spinal cord. In response to both chemicals, the immune cells, isolated from paralyzed mice, produced fewer inflammatory molecules, particularly interleukin 17 (IL-17).

Interleukin 17 "is strongly associated with MS and very harmful to nerve cells and their insulating covers," the researchers say. They conclude:

"The presence of CBD or THC restrains the immune cells from triggering the production of inflammatory molecules, and limits the molecules' ability to reach and damage the brain and spinal cord."

For the rest of this most revealing news and study,,,

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/267161.php

Wow this is great news, thanks for posting.
Stay high. Stay healthy! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20">
Eddie I have MS and am not currently using Med Marj. You may follow and ask me any question you would like. Being a 27 year smoker I'm going to go the edible route to keep my lungs clean. I'm going to get my Card within the next week and 1/2. I have relapsing remitting with onset at age 10 at that time I did use marj and was exposed to second hand medication. I'm not 48 and my worst problems are SEVERE fatigue and muscle spasms/ticks/twitches. Along with weekness.

Again ask away including medical record I have a cd of my MRI and have had a spinal that was positive for oglioclonal bands making me 100% diagnosed.
Update, I'm using flavored CBD vape oil orally. Tastes great can almost cover oxycodone and klonazepam. Works about four hours and does not blow a ua. Great for anti-anxiety in autism. The anti-anxiety works short and subtly.
Quote:<div>Update, I'm using flavored CBD vape oil orally. Tastes great can almost cover oxycodone and klonazepam. Works about four hours and does not blow a ua. Great for anti-anxiety in autism. The anti-anxiety works short and subtly.
</div>
What a great update. Do you know how much your taking? Is it by percentage ? A couple times a day?
5 drops once a day to cover a highfree afternoon. Using brand GREEN GARDEN GOLD, veg glycerin and raw CBD