Welcome Guest to the new home of OMMP Pay it Forward. Please reset your password reset password! if you haven't already. Make sure to check your spam/junk folder for it. x

Smile Welcome members and clients of OMMP PIF. Due to increased costs, our website has moved to this server,  Thanks go to our Friend and colleague, Wired57, for making this possible.  If you have any questions or concerns, please start a new topic in  Arrow  General, and we'll look right into it.  Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile x

Big Grin Thank you EDDIEKIRK & Cheri! for all your hard work over the years. Big Grin x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Journal of CBD treatment for retinopathy
I have obtained a CBD rich RSO made from the strain Maui Bubble Gift. The RSO has been tested 30% THC, 58% CBD, and 4% CBN.

My wife has just started a new job with great insurance covererage which will begin November 1st. I will visit an Opthamologist to check my eyes after coverage begins.

A bit of history, I was diagnosed with stage 2 diabetic retinopathy about a year ago. I read about a study done on mice with DR using CBD. The results were amazing. I would like to do an informal human study on myself and hopefully get some interest in the scientific community to do some human studies. I contacted the Juvinile Diabetes Research Foundation and they told me the subject was interesting but too controversial for now. I will take my health into my own hands and try this experiment at home!

I will post on this thread with my process and hopefully progress in reversal DR. Results of the tests from the Opthamologist and dosage/frequency of doses will begin next month!
Thank you for sharing the intimate details regarding your health. I'm sure our readers will enjoy seeing a positive outcome and enjoy reading your .journal.

God Bless you.

Were here.

EK
Very interesting, if more folks did this I bet as a community we could draw a lot of interesting and useful conclusions from their experiences. Good karma goin your way.
Thanks for the kind words! I've been busy lately starting a new job and looking for doctors under my insurance plan for the tests and diagnostics for my little project. I will definatly post all my findings and processes in this thread.
Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:06 PM

I have obtained a CBD rich RSO made from the strain Maui Bubble Gift. The RSO has been tested 30% THC, 58% CBD, and 4% CBN.

On Wednesday December 4th I squeezed out an amount of the oil described above on my fingertip. The amount was the size of a cooked grain of rice. As I wiped the oil on my tongue, the spicy taste was strong. I was having digestive problems from dinner eaten about an hour previous to oil dosage that seemed to disapate within minutes of taking the oil (I didn't swallow the oil as much as let it absorb onto my tongue). The spicy bitterness of the oil may have had a digestive bitter like effect on my gut! I began to feel a relaxed sensation within about 15 minutes. I was totally function able but the oil effect was undeniable 45 minutes after ingestion. I will continue to dose the same amount of oil every evening until my next ophthalmologist appointment this Feburary. After an eye exam I may evaluate my dosing to multiple times a day.

I was really impressed with the possible digestive benefit of the oil as I have problems with bloating and discomfort often after eating. I will continue to explore this possible benefit of the oil. I was not as incompacitated as I expected. Previous experiments with higher THC/lower CBD oils proved to be a little too much for me personally to use daily. More to come!
[img]/emoticons/yahooimages_th_doc.gif[/img]

Thank you for keeping this updated. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20">
Yes, thanks for updating this, Id like to put a little rocket on this and see it take off. I need to get my thinking cap on.
WOW great information and follow up. I'm going to be trying something similar to this and will post mine also if that's ok with you?