Welcome Guest to the new home of OMMP Pay it Forward. Please reset your password reset password! if you haven't already. Make sure to check your spam/junk folder for it. x

Smile Welcome members and clients of OMMP PIF. Due to increased costs, our website has moved to this server,  Thanks go to our Friend and colleague, Wired57, for making this possible.  If you have any questions or concerns, please start a new topic in  Arrow  General, and we'll look right into it.  Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile x

Big Grin Thank you EDDIEKIRK & Cheri! for all your hard work over the years. Big Grin x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THCV: The Next Diabetes Drug Is Being Made From Cannabis
<p class="">

<p class=""><i>GW Pharmaceuticals grows cannabis at an undisclosed location in southeast England. The company is testing a new diabetes drug made from a cannabis compound called THCV.</i>

<p style="color:rgb(68,68,68);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV) is just one of over 60 chemicals found in cannabis, but its unique activity has led GW Pharmaceuticals to believe that THCV could be the future of diabetes therapy.

<p style="color:rgb(68,68,68);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">On Friday, the company who also manufacturers the cannabis spray Sativex toldBloombergabout their new drug, which showed promising results in a mid-stage clinical study, helping improve insulin production and lowering blood sugar levels, among other things, in patients with Type 2 diabetes. GW plans to publish the results later this year.

<p style="color:rgb(68,68,68);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">GW has been funding research on THCV since 2005 and has alreadyfiled a patenton its use in the protection of pancreatic islet cells, which are the cells that produce insulin. At least 50% of these cells are lost by the time Type 2 diabetes is diagnosed.

Read whole story here:

http://www.truthonpot.com/2013/07/19/thc...-cannabis/

amazing, fantastic.
Great post Strider! Our time is coming......PeAcE!
I'm looking forward to type 1 diabetes/cannabis studies. I have noticed many benefits myself and I think it's time to be studied and the world to know!
Great news! Good lookin out 555, thank you.
I've noticed a drop of 50 points when I use bho (1/3 gram) but it is inconsistent. I have to get the strains tested for THCV
Thank you for the awesome post and the information within. I hope more research can be done soon with cannabis and both types of diabetic patients, I will be eagerly awaiting more news. Thanks