Welcome Guest to the new home of OMMP Pay it Forward. Please reset your password reset password! if you haven't already. Make sure to check your spam/junk folder for it. x

Smile Welcome members and clients of OMMP PIF. Due to increased costs, our website has moved to this server,  Thanks go to our Friend and colleague, Wired57, for making this possible.  If you have any questions or concerns, please start a new topic in  Arrow  General, and we'll look right into it.  Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile x

Big Grin Thank you EDDIEKIRK & Cheri! for all your hard work over the years. Big Grin x

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Parrish man growing medical marijuana rejects plea
Parrish man growing medical marijuana rejects plea bargain

By Shannon McFarlandshannon.mcfarland@heraldtribune.com

Published: Sunday, March 31, 2013 at 5:10 p.m. Last Modified: Sunday, March 31, 2013 at 5:10 p.m.<div>PARRISH - A Parrish man whose home was raided for the marijuana plants he cultivated to help treat his wife's disease said he has turned down a plea bargain proffered by the state.

Robert Jordan, who grows marijuana to help treat Cathy Jordan's Lou Gehrig's disease, said he refused the state's plea deal because it required him to give up his right to a fair trial or stop cultivating the plant.

The State Attorney's Office and Jordan's attorney have negotiated for weeks about possible charges against Jordan. Jordan said potential charges are "still up in the air" as the talks continue, but he expects he will be charged soon.

"They'll probably bring charges on me (this) week," Jordan said. "They offered me a plea deal and I turned it down."

Jordan said the plant is the only substance that relieves the depression, lost appetite and muscle spasms that plague his wife. Most patients with Lou Gehrig's disease die after three to five years, muscle failure causing them to choke or suffocate; medicating with cannabis, Cathy Jordan, 62, has miraculously survived more than 20 years beyond her doctors original predictions.

"I can't stop doing what I'm doing and let my wife die," Jordan, 64, said. "They only thing I can see is to throw myself on the mercy of the court."

</div>
http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/201...9943?tc=ar