Welcome Guest to the new home of OMMP Pay it Forward. Please reset your password reset password! if you haven't already. Make sure to check your spam/junk folder for it. x

Smile Welcome members and clients of OMMP PIF. Due to increased costs, our website has moved to this server,  Thanks go to our Friend and colleague, Wired57, for making this possible.  If you have any questions or concerns, please start a new topic in  Arrow  General, and we'll look right into it.  Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile x

Big Grin Thank you EDDIEKIRK & Cheri! for all your hard work over the years. Big Grin x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Doctors call for study of marijuana
Doctors call for study of marijuana

The Massachusetts Medical Society, which steadfastly opposed the medical marijuana ballot question approved by voters in November, called on Friday for large-scale research of the drugs potential medical uses to ensure it is tested in the same rigorous way as prescription drugs.

At the same time, the organization representing the states doctors said it has dropped a push to change federal regulations and remove marijuana from a list of the most dangerous drugs a classification that some scientists cite as an obstacle to the research.

Dr. Richard Aghababian, the groups president, sent a letter in October urging the US Drug Enforcement Administration to facilitate research by reclassifying marijuana, removing it from a list of the most dangerous illegal substances for which regulators see no currently accepted medical use.

The agency responded recently, saying marijuanas status as a Schedule I drug does not preclude scientific research on the plant or its components, as long as the research receives proper approvals.

Given this information, its time for medical and scientific communities to develop large-scale clinical trials to determine whether marijuana is safe and effective as a medical intervention,Aghababian wrote Friday on the societys website. Such research should identify all the treatment protocols that would apply to a standard pharmaceutical therapy, including indications, contraindications, dosages, length of therapy, side effects, and more.

But the people trying to do exactly that work say the Schedule I classification does get in their way.

Read more
same old cat and mouse.

my dad used to pull the same crap on me as a kid. i wanted a drivers license but he said, "what do you need a license for? you don't have a car." when i tried to buy a car, he said, "what do you need a car for? you don't have a license!"