Welcome Guest to the new home of OMMP Pay it Forward. Please reset your password reset password! if you haven't already. Make sure to check your spam/junk folder for it. x

Smile Welcome members and clients of OMMP PIF. Due to increased costs, our website has moved to this server,  Thanks go to our Friend and colleague, Wired57, for making this possible.  If you have any questions or concerns, please start a new topic in  Arrow  General, and we'll look right into it.  Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile x

Big Grin Thank you EDDIEKIRK & Cheri! for all your hard work over the years. Big Grin x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Medical Marijuana Can Help ALS: Here’s The Scientific Proof
<header class="entry__header">
Medical Marijuana Can Help ALS: Heres The Scientific Proof

Marijuana helps with the pain--and that's a big deal.

<a class="author url fn" href="https://thefreshtoast.com/author/richard/" title="Posts by Richard Faulk">Richard Faulk</a>

<ul class="card__meta">
<li class="card__meta__date">
<time class="entry__date" datetime="2018-03-17T12:00:15+00:00">Mar 17, 2018</time>
</li>
</ul>

About 30,000 Americans are living with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, or ALS (also known among baseball fans and classic-movie buffs as Lou Gehrigs disease). ALS is a progressive neurodegenerative disease that causes patients to lose control of their movements. First it steals the power to speak, then eat, and, finally, to breathe.

Because of cannabiss neuroprotective and anti-seizure properties, many see it as an obvious treatment for ALS. (In fact, at one estimate, 13 percent of ALS patients already use medical cannabis.) As far as medical support goes, however, this is currently more an aspiration than reality. But weve got people on the case.....

https://thefreshtoast.com/cannabis/medic...fic-proof/

</header>

THank You Very Much... I'll Read Your Link Now...

I Know Cannabis Has Sure Helped My Grand Mals.

I Quit By Myself One Of The Better Medications For Seizures---> Xanax.

My Liver And Kidneys Just Couldn't Take That Chemical Anymore.

AsYou Surely Know, There Are Titration Schedules Online, Or Your/Any Pharmacist And/Or Your Doctor.

One Really Rough Ride Getting Off Of Them. Most Of My Sanity Is Back WHEWY ! I Wouldn't Wish Xanax On Anyone.

Anyway... I'll Going To Read Now. Bless Your Heart For All You Do For The Community.

Sincerely Grateful, Peace Be With You And Yours... Will

Wooowy I REALLY Like This Article !

<ul style="color:#757574;font-size:16px;padding:0px 0px 0px 30px;">[*]

Related Story:Three Puffs Of Marijuana A Day Will Help Combat Chronic Pain

</ul><p style="color:#757574;font-size:16px;">
Recent technological advances have led to a deeper understanding of ALS at a molecular level. And yet, as a2010 reviewlaments, this has not translated into any greatly effective therapies. The authors do, however, venture to sketch out what an ideal treatment regime might look like. It would be, to say the least, multi-pronged, covering glutamate antagonists, antioxidants, a centrally acting anti-inflammatory agent, microglial cell modulators (including tumor necrosis factor alpha [TNF-alpha] inhibitors), an antiapoptotic agent, 1 or more neurotrophic growth factors, and a mitochondrial function-enhancing agent. Dont pretend that you know what all that means, either.

<p style="color:#757574;font-size:16px;">
Then, with charming coyness, the paper detonates its bomb: Remarkably, cannabis appears to have activity in all of those areas.

I Usually Can Take One Hit And @ The Max 2 With This COPD. Hopefully Many More Will Be Using Cannabis.

Another Great Piece Of Important Info:

<ul style="color:#757574;font-size:16px;padding:0px 0px 0px 30px;">[*]

Related Story:Chronic Pain Patients Are Ditching Opioids In Favor Of Marijuana

</ul><p style="color:#757574;font-size:16px;">
In practical terms, that means cannabis helps manage pain, improves breathing, sleep, and appetite, and reduces drooling. But the paper also implies that cannabis could actually protect the brain against ALS. Several studies (hereandhere) support this speculation, showing that various cannabinoids can slow the progression of ALS in lab mice and slightly extend their survival.

While one author, Miguel Morneno-Martet of Universidad Compultense in Spain, acknowledges that the observed improvements are weak, the research suggests that cannabis may serve as a novel disease-modifying therapy in ALS.

I Just Love This One Too. I Read And Understood Every Word.

Again, I Thank You Very Much. Sincerely Grateful. May Peace Be With Us All... Will