Welcome Guest to the new home of OMMP Pay it Forward. Please reset your password reset password! if you haven't already. Make sure to check your spam/junk folder for it. x

Smile Welcome members and clients of OMMP PIF. Due to increased costs, our website has moved to this server,  Thanks go to our Friend and colleague, Wired57, for making this possible.  If you have any questions or concerns, please start a new topic in  Arrow  General, and we'll look right into it.  Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile x

Big Grin Thank you EDDIEKIRK & Cheri! for all your hard work over the years. Big Grin x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Traumatic Brain Injury?
I have the kind of TBI that comes from lots and lots of repeated head blows, rather than one bad car accident or something. In theory, I'm guessing any heady, thc heavy strain is going to be good, especially for the anti-inflammatory effects. Anyone have first- or second-hand experience with cannabis and TBI? I'm guessing it all helps, but any strain of delivery method you have found particularly helpful?
Yeah... I Just Sent You Some Info Or Did I Stop With The {TBI?}

Mine Are The Same---> Repeated Abusive Blows {All I Can Say About That}

Had The One Time Blows As Well {Can't Talk About That Time In My Life Yet}

Yes Sativas For Me Have To Be Titrated. I Go Slowly With Say A Thai-Like

Quality. The High Rotating Delta 9 THC And Lower CBD %'s Will Help You To Be Steady And Soar Or Float.

If You Still Carry Trauma Do Be Ready To Bring Yourself Down Or Trip On Another Area Which Is Peaceful, Serene.

Good To Have Some Real Couchlock Indica Or A Decent Hybrid If You So Desire? I Try To Muddle About But

Through My Angels Who Know What Helps And If Not For Them I'd Have No Relief. I've Always Felt Giving Was One

Of My Strongest Points... 15 Yrs Steady. The Thrill Of My Daily Growing Life. Longer Now Due To PIF Without Any Regret.

I'm VERY Humbled. Never Have Been A Greedy Guy. Always Found More Pleasure In Giving. Also, I've Had A Few Here

Add So Much To My Life/Sister's And Brother's---> They Know Who They Are. Anyway, I'm Here If You Want To Discuss What

Helps You The Most. I Do Know What You're Going Through Especially Now. Well Have A Good Evening... Peace, BW
I have a friend with a tbi. His came from a major blow to His head from a motorcycle accident. Oz really messed him up. Right now he can't medicate and had diverted from a headache for two years now. The docs keep vexing him the same bs pharmaceuticals with no relief. He's hoping he will be able to medicate soon to see if that will help. I really hope it does for his sake.
Very eductional thread, thanks guys.
Thanks VERY Much ODB...
Over the weekend, it was really bad. The pressure in my head felt like it was going to erupt through the top of my skull. One day, I used a heavy indicate and just slept it off. An indirect treatment that didn't do a whole lot to relieve the pressure, but even after I woke up, it just wasn't as problematic.

The other day, it was a 22%/0.4% sativa that brought the sensation of pressure down. I still napped, because that is what you do when your head is swollen, but when I woke after a few hours, I felt well.

Today, I feel tired from the ordeal, but much better. This is clearly not a scientific study, but it's enough confirmation to continue testing. ;)
Oh Yes... Must Continue This Quest For A Stablized Strains That'll Work. I've Had An Awful Lot Of Luck,

Plus Information To Balance The PressureAnd Pain Better. It's Great To See You Are On This Quest

To Find What's Right For Only That 'Unique' You Trying To Dial It In Can Be Hard At Times For Me As Well.

Growers Change,Conditions Of Grows And On & On... I'm So Sorry To Hear About Your Extreme Pain.

Surely Not Fun. A Side Note: I Have No Idea Yet What In The Heck This Is With This Softness/Tenderness Right

Down Deep To MySkull IsAs Yet... But It Hurts When I'm Leaning Like Towards Or On My Forehead. It Can Happen

Directly At The TopOf My Head, Directly In The Center. Intense Pressure... Till I Can't Stay Awake Solves A Bunch But

It's Not WithoutIt's Negative Side Effects. These Marks Will Be Deep And Stay Oh 2-3 Hours. So Since There'sNo Reason

To SeeMy Neuro Doc Anymore, Except Annually... He's So Kind. He Charges Us Nothing For Nothing Actually... Save One

Thing:We WouldHave To Pay Monthly For Actually Nothing/MANY MRI's CT-Scans, Ultrasounds And Far Too Many Xrays

Later And Info On Disks With Paper Records Don't Help/{Sweet Doctor For Sure} Antiseizure Medication Is A Must.The Psychology

Alone Of Being Sick Or When A Part Of One's Life Is Subverted For Whatever Amount Of Time Is Humbling To Say The Least. And

To Think: Just Enduring This Lot InLife We Feel We've Been Given Can Be Corrected-Seen Many Miracles/The Difference I See Is

In The 'Just' Getting By OR Trying To Live Life To It's Real Potential ! So Since I'll Bound To Live With This Along OtherElderly Maladies.

I Wish And Am Trying To Go The More Natural Route Like You're Now Experimenting With. Especially If Your Doctors Aren't Finding Any

Direct AnswersEither/But Do Stick With The Check Ups And What You Need To Do. Don't Forget---> The 'It Could Be This, Could Be That'

Can Make You Ill.

It's Like My Insane Negative Mantra And I Try Extremely Hard To Change That 'Chatter' That Never Shut's Up. Yes, Trying To Be Who I Really

Want To Be And Who I Think I Am.

To Your Excellent Health And Experimentation My Friend... Brother Will/P.S. Hope That Made Some Sense ?
Total sense.

I had a four-hour exam last month with a pair of neuro ophthalmologists, following six months of appointments with a polytrauma optometrist. And, I've been seeing the same, good neurologist for fifteen or so years. They've all come to the same conclusion of TBI plus seriously complicated migraine. I get Botox injections for the migraine, which helps, but isn't a cure. There isn't much they can do for the TBI. The neurologist told me last fall that we had exhausted treatment options and suggested marijuana.

Something sedating at night to help me sleep has helped more than anything. I think it's a combination of stress reduction and getting the sleep I need that raises the threshold so the attacks aren't as frequent and a little bit of the right medicine or a lot of most any medicine will get me through the attacks. Nothing has made it worse, yet, so I just keep experimenting and asking around.
Wooow That's Interesting. I Had Heard About It's Use For Migraines. Again I'm So Sorry.

For Years I Had Not Only Seizures At Least 2-3 Times A Week. For Years When They 1st Started

I Could Tell Just Mere Seconds Before They Would Hit. A Few Times I'd Be Transfixed On TheTall

Windows We Have And It Would Actually Feel As Though My Brain Moved Within My Skull.

But Back Way Back In My 20's Maybe 2 Times A Month Skip A Month. Using Two Very Old Legal

Pharmaceuticals That Were Standard Back Then: Dilantin And Phenobarbital. Now When I Have

Them I'll Fall Into Furniture {VERY Violent} With No Hope For Surgery To Correct My DDD Oh Man

I Just Have To Find Some Way Having My Kids Help Me Get Medibles. I Believe I Could Be Fine With

More Ingestible THC.Still Surprises Me How Well It Works. Thanks For Reading And The Support.

Sure Hope You Do Continue Upon Your Journey. You've Got A Whole Lot More Liv'in. Hope No More

Migraines Nor PainSee's Ya Laters ~ Be Well... Peace, BW
Quote:<div>Thanks VERY Much ODB...
</div>
NP, I have been wondering what in the heck was wrong with you three?!?! [img]/emoticons/default_LOL.gif[/img]