Welcome Guest to the new home of OMMP Pay it Forward. Please reset your password reset password! if you haven't already. Make sure to check your spam/junk folder for it. x

Smile Welcome members and clients of OMMP PIF. Due to increased costs, our website has moved to this server,  Thanks go to our Friend and colleague, Wired57, for making this possible.  If you have any questions or concerns, please start a new topic in  Arrow  General, and we'll look right into it.  Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile x

Big Grin Thank you EDDIEKIRK & Cheri! for all your hard work over the years. Big Grin x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PTSD specific strain
Well he wants to do some research of his own befor he tries hes smoked befor but it was a kush and it took himn to the moon and he didn't like it that's why I wanted to start him off with the regs and how would I get in touch with Karr
Quote:Well he wants to do some research of his own befor he tries hes smoked befor but it was a kush and it took himn to the moon and he didn't like it that's why I wanted to start him off with the regs and how would I get in touch with Karr
If you have not spoken to karr just send him a private message here on this site , hope he has found something that helps our vets should never have to suffer .
I have PTSD and severe back pain due to an injury over 10 years ago. They cut me off my pain management program for failing a pee test. They Immediately cut me off the pain pills I was taking for 10 years. So I'm looking for a fairly strong strain for pain. I have been using a Sativa dominant hybrid during the day and an Indica dominant liquid tincture at night. The nights are great. But I'm looking into other options for the daytime. And I have a pretty high tolerance for most pain meds. Any ideas ? I know this is an old thread but I'd thought i would try anyway. Thanks
I' have more than 12 years of experience and research on the subject.

Sativa, and more specifically, Amnesia Haze, or other SPEEDY AND HIGH THC strain is needed.

I AM NOT TREATING THE ANXIETY OR PANIC, THEY ARE SEPARATE SYMPTOMS!!!!

The way that it works is you use the SATIVA strain WHILE YOU ARE HAVING THE PTSD ATTACK, not an anxiety attack, not a panic attack, A PTSD attack. While you are having the emotional or mental flashbacks. The "Energetic" effects of the Hard Sativa act the same way that epinephrin (synthetic adrenaline) does for allergic reactions. PTSD memories are created much the same way that "Ghost Images" used to be created on the old school CRT monitors. A specific image or in this case memory is written over and over on top if it's self. When you smoke an energetic SATIVA, the "SPEEDY' effects of it help push the memory chemicals through your brain faster, so they don't get the chance to "recharge" the memory. Instead the normal "fading" effect happens.

This requires A GREAT DEAL OF REPETITION!!! It needs to be done EVERY time you have a PTSD attack.

MDMA has also been found to be effective for treating PTSD, but is known to cause anxiety due to the amphetamine element.
I'm prescribed marijuana for PTSD and migraines. I almost gave up on mj as a treatment because I listened to people telling me I needed indicas and/or high CBD medicines. I tried them, and they didn't work. Not in the middle of an acute migraine or PTSD attack. They reduced my stress a bit and they made all the little aches and pains in my body go away, but did nothing for the pain or the flashbacks.

Fortunately, before I gave up, I got on leafly and looked up strains that were good for both PTSD and migraine. I was amazed to see the list included both indicas and sativas (and a number of hybrids). I picked up two (Jack Herer and Trainwreck). Both worked, but the Trainwreck worked really well.

A little headband in the evening helps me relax and get to sleep. I do think it helps in a gross way to lower my trigger threshold for both conditions, but it's worthless during an episode. That's why I carry the Trainwreck around with me during the day. It's the one I need available when it hits. It works better than anything the whitecoats ever gave me.
Marijuana helps me immensely with my ptsd. My jugular and carotid were severed and punctured and my legs were covered with 2nd and 3rd degree oil burns.

i still wake up from nightmares and flashbacks, but my day symptoms are completely relieved by dabbing sativa concentrates. Although master kush is a special strain that i believe is the most uplifting, relaxed euphoric strain.
Durban poison is a decent one that i have seen work. Perfect match up of THC and CBD